06 December 2010

I suddenly became a Goth.....part 6

Here we go again, I always think this feature doesn't have a future but you always find someone who at some point in their lives, decide to embrace the beauty of Darkness, even if it is just for a short (very short) period of their lives. The last victim of this episode is Taylor Momsen. I didn't have a clue who this girl was till I saw pictures of her all over the net recently.
It turns out she is on Gossip Girl (I only watch a couple of episodes of those TV series and this girl's face still doesn't ring a bell to me...) Anyway, I can see and smell that this is another case of youngster rebelling against her -very early from nappies day- day-life responsibilities. Seeking a very extreme way of exploring her persona, style and, I might guess, freedom, before she hits 25 and decides what to do with her life.


Some of her style attempts are better than others, as you can see the first picture couldn't scream more teenager even if she tried (although I love that deep-red lipstick!). The other two looks are more sophisticated, this second picture reminds of Mary-kate Olsen, it is very much of her romantic style.












The third picture is my definetely favourite, key pieces to watch here that I love:

A/flattering lace dress showing figure and bust. Over knee length (how elegant and grown-up)


B/Glamourous bohemian, almost distressed but still groomed, up-do. (Think of Tippy Heddren just after being attacked by those birds ;)

C/Vamp but understated make-up: soft smokey eyes and hard deep-red lipstick, very fair foundation but without looking too artificially pale, as she decided to use flour.

What do you think?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's cool to see a celebrity embrace a dark look, they have the money to make goth look really good. I like that she's kept her blond locks though. No overkill factor, which it would be if her hair were black with that type of make-up.
I found another blog that features all black clothing and fashion, but it's in a foreign language. Still, I'd thought you might be interested in some of the amazing black clothing to be found there.

http://modadesubculturas.blogspot.com/2010/12/noir-is-beautiful.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ModaDeSubculturas+%28Moda+de+Subculturas%29

Lily Blue said...

gorgeous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madame Macabre said...

Just a few days ago I was looking for Taylor Momsen´s photos on the web. What a coincidence! I agree with you that sometimes she looks like an angry teenager that just wants to stand out, other she looks really sophisticated. And yes, I LOVE the lace dress, so lovely and dramatic.

Just time will say what is going on with her...

Kisses :).

Desdemona said...

My first thought was actually scene queen with heavier eyeliner when I saw her picture. I'd guess it's part of her persona for her music, which I must confess I do enjoy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails