08 April 2011

Insect jewellery by Robin Charlotte

RobinCharlotte jewellery is about decay and preservation of natural creatures including birds' skeletons, insects and sea creatures. All set in resin, beautifully decorated with vintage findings, stones and metals.
The artist is an L.A. based designer called Robin Humphrey, whose beautifully dark work is been featured in several magazine including Vogue.

Following my previous post about insects, I thought it would appropiate to post a couple of pics of her work. I really liked it as soon as I saw it.

I love the idea of insects trapped in a beautiful golden bubble of amber or captured in the depths of a romantic faceted clear stone. And, as I said in the previous post, some insects are beautiful enough to be preserved in a unique piece of jewellery and be admired for a while...

Here is the link to her website, she also has an etsy shop.
http://www.robincharlotte.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails