11 May 2011

The 3 polen graces...





Following my "insect-inspired" phase I-m going through at the minute....It's spring!, I created more jewellery featuring bugs.
I hope you are going to like the next item, I made it weeks ago, with antique brass chain and I dissmantled and rebuilt with czech glass in metallic hues. The main focus of the necklace is the 3 graces, as I like to call them. They are bees! I made them with black polymer clay and then I dusted them with gold powder to recreate the brass effect of the chain and also I like them to have that distressed look as well, very typical of vintage items, so as you may be able to see, the surface is not sleek but slightly textured. The czech glass are beautiful! Incredibly shiny but being such shiny colours it is always tricky to capture them by camera, so the best picture that shows them came out blurred. Sorry...
What do you think?
Oh by the way, I re-opened my etsy shop (I'll still have my website, though). In the next following weeks I'll try to populate it with my polymer clay jewellery as well as the romantic brass stuff I make.
Do you usually buy stuff on Etsy? I haven't bought anything yet...
Here is the link: http://www.theblackwardrobe.com/Shop/product.php/32/vintage_inspired_3_bees_necklace

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails